Goals of Certification Course:
- To provide fundamental education on dementia and dementia care.
- To enhance the quality of life of dementia patients through educating care providers.
- Foster sensitivity & respect for the dementia client.
- To provide sensitive approaches for assisting patients with activities of daily living.
- Simple everyday tips to improve communication
- Have an understanding of dementia.
- Identify common causes of aggressive, repetitive and sundowning behaviors in older adults.
- Describe behavioral/care interventions that may be used to prevent, reduce or eliminate difficult care situations.
- Describe challenges related to caregiver stress and utilize stress reduction techniques.
- Learn alternative activity interventions that are success oriented and failure free.
- Receive certificate of attendance in seminar
- Can submit application and proof of program attendance to the NCCDP Earn the National designation Of Certified Dementia y Practitioner. Valid for 2 years and will require the individual to recertify to maintain the certification.
All Instructors have various background in nursing Cardia Telementy home care ,caremanagement Elder care ICU and cognifitve care. That makes them expertly qualified to instruct and educate families health care providers and oter lay persons on have to provide the best possible care that is person center and customed to the clients unique character and stage.
*Course length 7 hours Nurses and Social workers can earn CEUS for completion this course. Check available cert